I finished three projects on Friday.
First up, a drawstring bag for my daughter. I wanted a bag she could easily open and close to hold her dance shoes. The main outer fabric was from her little stash of fabrics (yes, she already has her own little pile going); then we picked out some additional fabrics from my stash. The bag came together pretty quickly and it was fun to choose the fabrics with her. Super easy for her to manage on her own, and she was so proud to go up in front of all the ladies at the quilt shop this morning to display her show 'n tell. :)
Made using this tutorial.
Next was a pillowcase, a Christmas gift for a girl who loves horses:
Last on my list for Friday was finally finishing a tutu I had started for my daughter over a year ago. I had purchased tulle that was not as wide as that used in the book, and when I first started on the project it was a bit confusing to figure out how to lay things out compared to the book and I ended up setting things aside. Luckily when I pulled everything out this time the directions seemed clear, construction went pretty smoothly, and I love how it turned out.
Saturday and Sunday were spent working on a quilt. I finished the top, made the backing, basted and finished half of the quilting before having to pack up on Sunday. I only have a few more hours of quilting left; hoping I can have it bound by the weekend!
Post a Comment